Sunday, June 24, 2012

Living in Love


I hesitated in a protective mode. It was going to be in the upper 90 degree range Thursday evening and I just had difficulty accepting that mamma wanted to go to the wake. There are many times I must overcome the worry and fear for her and just allow her to make her own decisions. After all, her close friend had died and "respects" should be paid. Mamma said it was the right thing to do. I wanted to say that she was too weak, too short of breath, and that she might have to walk a long distance to get inside. I did not say any of those things. I drove mamma and daddy to the wake. Mamma was glad to speak with her friend's family and recall events of their childhood.She spoke of the friendship she and her friend had shared through many years. She paid her respects and we drove home. Mamma said. "Thank you." I hugged her and was glad to know God had carried me through the fire.

 v 16 "And so we know and rely on the love of God. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." v. 17 "In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him." v18. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4: 16-18


No comments:

Post a Comment