Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Wife of Noble Character

My dad's garden is beginning to produce fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, green beans and potatoes. He amazes himself and everyone around him that he still has his green thumb at the age of 90.  He loves to share with the neighbors. The interesting thing is that he believes my daughter and I can cook, freeze or can all of the various produce just the way my mother has always done. Does food ever taste as good as our mother's cooking? My mother has cooked 3 meals a day for 65 years of marriage and knows more recipes by heart than I could find in a dozen cookbooks.  I love the scriptures in Proverbs 31:5 about "The Wife of Noble Character."  V. 10: "A wife of noble character ", who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.v. 11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value."
My mother truly is the example of the wife who has never been afraid of work, has respect for her husband and shows love, kindness and respect for others.  My prayer is that God will v. 31 "Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."



No comments:

Post a Comment